YMCA of Okanagan
YMCA of Okanagan
The YMCA of Okanagan provide a wide range of programs and services with a focus on inclusiveness and accessibility, serving people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities through all stages of life.
At the YMCA, we know that when everyone has access to meaningful job opportunities, the whole community wins. And a strong local economy is essential for building a healthy community. But whether you are looking for entry-level work or for a more senior role, finding a job isn’t always easy. That’s why we offer employment programs to support you through this process. Our experienced staff will work with you — not just your resumé — to help you build skills, find work, and connect with your community.
We provide funding and individualized employment services to job seekers and employers in Penticton, Summerland, Princeton and Keremeos to help them find jobs and employees as quickly as possible. YMCA WorkBC is operated by the YMCA of Okanagan, in partnership with six employment service providers throughout the South Okanagan of British Columbia. WorkBC Employment Services Centres are located across the province and offer client centered, integrated services and supports that are responsive, inclusive and accessible.
Helping Job Seekers
Work BC Employment Services Centre provides information, services, program and support to help you find and keep a job in BC. Our trained staff will help you find the services you need to start and succeed in your job search.
PERSONAL EMPLOYMENT PLANNING:
If you need extra help getting started, our Employment Advisors are here for you and will help build your personal employment plan to identify what you will need to start looking for work.
WORKSHOPS AND TRAINING:
We have workshops for people who want to learn more about finding a job and starting work. You can explore both short and long term training options, depending on your needs and the skills you require. Ask us which workshops or training will help you most.
Other Services Include:
- Job search resources
- Life skills workshops
- Resume writing assistance
- Access to skills-training
- Wage subsidy
- Short-term certifications
- Customized Employment services
- Job Development services
SPECIALIZED SERVICES FOR:
- Older workers
- Aboriginal people
- People with disabilities
- People who live in remote areas
- Survivors of violence and abuse
- Post jobs free on our website and job boards
- Gain access to thousands of motivated jobseekers
- Identify potential wage subsidy for new hires
- Schedule a hiring or recruiting fair
- Showcase your business at an employer forum
The YMCA of Okanagan Wage Subsidy offers an incentive to employers who create long-term employment prospects for job seekers. Employers may receive up to 50% wage incentive.
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS:
- Provide the employee with a minimum of 35 hours per week
- Provide the employee with the opportunity to gain marketable skills
- Offer the employee the potential for long-term employment
- A YMCA of Okanagan Wage Subsidy contract ranges between 12 – 24 weeks in duration
- Each contract is designed and based on individual needs of the employer and employee