Are you considering investing or relocating in the South Okanagan?
Here are the top 10 reasons to consider Summerland as the community for your next move.
- We’re a unique community of almost 12,000 people perfectly situated between Penticton and Kelowna, making access easy up and down the valley.
- We’re known for our lush orchards, spectacular vineyards, and meandering roads with stellar views of the brilliant blue waters of Lake Okanagan. It’s such a relaxing place to live, that our tourism motto is Take Your Time.
- We have a charming and walkable central shopping district filled with specialty stores and hung with flower baskets and hand painted banners. You can rest your feet on a cafe patio sipping locally roasted coffee or visit one of Canada’s Top 20 Bakeries for organic bread. There’s room on Main Street for you to open your own shop too.
- Our numerous road side markets as well as Tuesday and Sunday downtown farmers markets mean that every type of farm-fresh fruit and produce is available at our fingertips for much of the year.
- Hiking and biking trails and all manner of outdoor recreation opportunities abound and we have four terrific beaches, each with something special to offer.
- Our four excellent schools are part of School District 67 and Summerland is also home to the South Okanagan’s top independent schools, the K-7 Summerland Montessori School and the new Summerland International School offering BC’s only boarding school International Baccalaureate program. Our public schools offer great sports opportunities as well as excellent curriculum instruction. As well, our high school theatre program is tops in the District.
- We have a growing cultural scene, a new Arts Centre and Library, and dozens of festivals throughout the year. There are always great people to meet and something to participate in.
- Summerland is less than an hour’s drive north to the Kelowna International airport or south to the Penticton Regional Airport and the US border at Osoyoos. Good to know if you need to do some travelling.
- We have a thriving economy built on agriculture, tourism, and custom manufacturing. Our businesses are hiring!
- And finally, Summerland has world class technology and scientific firms as well as the Government of Canada’s Summerland Research and Development Centre. This latter facility has been based in Summerland for more than 100 years and is world renowned for its work in tree fruits and viticulture. Fun fact; 80% of the world’s cherry varieties come from the Centre!
So consider making Summerland your next home or investment location. We think you’re going to fit right in.
Christine Petkau is the Executive Director of the Summerland Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Summerland.
She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.