The countdown is on to Fortify, the second annual conference for those in the business of fermenting and distilling. Brewers, distillers, winemakers, and related businesses are encouraged to attend, as Fortify brings together those who produce craft beer, ciders, wine, or spirits for a day of education, collaboration, and networking.
Fortify is a one day of professional development for those in the drinks business, featuring presentations from industry professionals and experts on topics ranging from human resources, marketing and sales, finance, and much more. There will also be a series of quick “lightening talks” on innovative solutions for common challenges.
But don’t think this is a conference for those who want to learn how to make these products. Rather, it’s about the business aspects and how to be successful in the province’s vibrant and rapidly growing beverage industry, and the challenges specific to it: legal, financial, workforce and HR, are among the session topics.
- Adrienne Stillman, Director of Marketing at Wine Direct: Digital Marketing Strategies to Drive Sales;
- Shawnee Love of LoveHR: Attract and Retain your People in an Employees’ Market;
- Christopher Wiebe, of Farris LLP: Hidden Financial Costs and Dangers of Termination: A Legal Perspective;
- Pete Luckett of Nova Scotia’s Luckett Vineyards: Turning Buyers into Believers: How to Create Raving Fans;
- Geoff McIntyre and Heather Weber of MNP: GST/PST/Excise Tax: Navigating the Maze;
- Terri Eriksen of Navy and Sage Benefits and Jennifer Sencar of B.C. Employment Standards: Conflict Management: From Best Practices to Best Failures.
Fortify was established to fill a need across industries for education, training and networking opportunities to help B.C.’s breweries, wineries, distilleries, and cideries affordably access business supports and tools.
Built into the agenda is time for attendees to visit the sold-out 7100 square foot trade show with more than 50 booths, and registration includes breaks and lunch. At the end of the day a social event will be hosted at Cannery Brewing.
Taking place on November 19 at the Penticton Lakeside Resort and Conference Centre, Fortify is coordinated by the Business Alliance for Artisan Fermenters and Distillers and builds on the popular Wine Industry Roundtable previously hosted by MNP LLP and Farm Credit Canada, who are the event’s foundational sponsors along the B.C. provincial government’s Buy BC program.
Fortify runs from 7:30am to 6:30pm at the Penticton Lakeside Resort and Conference Centre. Pre-registration is required, as no registrations will be accepted at the door. More details and online registration can be found at: https://fortifyconference.ca/.