Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Several facilities in the South Okanagan of the BC Interior are looking for Casual Switchboard/Patient Registration/Cashier/Health Records Clerks. Apply today!
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future casual vacancies. A qualified group of candidates will be identified. Once established, the qualified pool will be valid for a period of one year.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Grade 12 Diploma;
• Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating two years’ recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
Depending on the worksite, applicants can expect to perform the following duties:
• Operate switchboard and public address/paging systems;
• Patient registration – admitting duties, preparing identity armbands, admitting forms;
• Receive patients/visitors and direct to appropriate areas;
• Receive, check and deposit patient valuables for safekeeping;
• Admitting clerical duties with bed booking options;
• Maintain physician on-call/vacation lists and other hospital staff;
• Cashier duties – receiving payments; recording payments in cash journals and/or summary sheets; and issuing change and receipts;
• Process requests for patient telephone system, setting up phone and payment plan;
• Record and enter data related to the operations of the morgue;
• Respond to and monitor hospital alarms and emergency codes;
• Pull and assemble charts/files, identify and process corrections, receive and process requests for release of information, review completed charts for accuracy, maintain statistics and health record tracking systems.
We are recruiting for the following worksites located in the South Okanagan area:
• Penticton Regional Hospital
Services offered include 24 hour emergency and trauma services, acute services, ambulatory and outpatient clinics, and diagnostic/paramedical.
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evening, Nights – 06:15 to 14:15, 08:00-13:00, 07:00 to 13:30, 08:30 to 16:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 17:00 to 21:00, 23:00 to 07:00.
• South Okanagan General Hospital in Oliver, BC
Level 1 Community Hospital offers outpatient ambulatory, acute care, and a 24/7 emergency department.
Hours of work: Rotating Days, Evening – 07:00 to 15:00, 16:00 to 20:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 08:00 to 12:00, 12:00 to 20:00.
• Princeton General Hospital
Level 1 Community Hospital offers services including acute care, laboratory, and 24 hour emergency.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 07:30-12:30, 10:30 to 15:30.
Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 – 37.5 hours per week. However, once hired with Interior Health, you will have opportunity to apply to relief and permanent positions.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces….Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, two year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
Knowledge of medical terminology
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. **