Facility :SUMMERLAND HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
The Primary Care Network in Summerland is seeking to hire a Master’s prepared Social Worker to join its team of integrated health care providers.
Primary Care Networks are designed to provide universal comprehensive primary care services to a geographical community population where comprehensive nursing and allied health professional capacity will be linked with the General Practitioner and Nurse Practitioner full service clinics. Primary Care services are designed to be holistic, person-centred, culturally safe and responsive to individuals’ needs where providers work to an optimized scope of practice.
Join a multidisciplinary Primary Care team providing comprehensive therapeutic clinical counselling services to patients and families seeking services with the Primary Care Network. In this role the Social Worker:
• Conducts comprehensive social work and psycho-social assessments using a variety of modalities;
• Educates and provides consultation to patient, families and healthcare professionals;
• Provides leadership to the interdisciplinary team in care planning for the effective utilization of patient resources;
• Participates as a member of local committees and planning bodies to identify areas for improved efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery to enhance patient care services and reduce gaps in the community; and
• Develops, coordinates and delivers in-services, presentations, psycho-educational and support groups and initiates, develops and carries out research activities in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
This is a permanent, full time position eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan that includes coverage for basic Medical Services, Dental Services, and Extended Health. Days of work are Monday to Friday (09:00 to 17:00 hours).
Apply to join and be involved in supporting clients within a new model of primary care services!
BC’s rural towns and smaller cities offer natural beauty, access to backcountry adventures, community connections, peace of mind, and a quieter way of life. Experience the satisfaction that comes from working and living in a rural area.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Masters Degree of Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work.
• One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
• Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities:
• Assessment and Treatment: Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) through appropriate/prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written, computer communication means. Ability to effectively apply conflict resolution skills..
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice: Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitivity to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement and empowerment. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovation, implementation of IH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated computer skills including the use of Meditech and Windows based programs. Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.