If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking two full-time Senior Financial Advisor's to join our teams in Penticton.
The Senior Financial Advisor provides exceptional customer service to a portfolio of members by offering a full range of investment, deposit and complex lending services. The Senior Financial Advisor identifies member life stage cycle and provides solutions to financial needs, and/or refers member to an appropriate advisor.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
- Member Service: Builds strong relationships with current and potential members; identifies member life stage cycle and provides financial advice to members or refers to appropriate advisor. Manages an assigned portfolio of members through proactive regular contact, ensuring current and future needs are identified and met.
- Member Transactions: Processes a full range of complex member transactions including, but not limited to: MFDA products and services; retail mortgages, personal and RRSP loans; opening personal or business accounts, debit/credit cards, Loc/overdraft protection, and related insurance products.
- Branch Goals: Supports achievement of annual branch goals and objectives through proactive promotion of FW products and services, participation in branch campaigns, and actively seeks potential cross-sell and/or referral opportunities during interaction with members or general public. Achieves established annual sales and referral targets.
- Branch Support: Mentors other branch employees in the understanding of lending and investment products and services; and provides advice and/or assists employees with member issues in management’s absence.
- Other duties as required by branch leadership.
- Lending limits will be assigned in consultation with credit services – based on experience and competency.
- Assigned a portfolio of high value members based on regional and branch needs.
- Build/maintain a strong presence and relationship in the community.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- SFA certification (within 12-18 months) required
- Mutual funds license required
- PFP course preferred
- 2 years in a Financial Advisor role, or equivalent
- Proven ability to conduct complex advisory, four quadrant conversations
- Proficient in computer software e.g. Microsoft Office and banking software programs
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.