UEE manufactures custom electrical solutions for mining, oil & gas, industrial, commercial, transportation and renewable energy applications worldwide. We are a recognized industry leader in the design and manufacture of electrical power and control equipment.
We are currently recruiting for a Proposals Lead, responsible for the timely preparation of both firm and budgetary proposals across our entire industry and product portfolio. The Proposals Lead prepares proposals based on a clear and complete understanding and detailed review of the client’s scope, specifications, commercial terms, and schedule.
- Previous electrical experience required.
- Electrical trade certification, technologist diploma, or Electrical Engineering degree required.
- Experience in electrical project management /estimation an asset.
- Ability to understand and interpret detailed technical specifications and commercial terms.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners
- Excellent computer skills and mastery of MS Office suite of products
- Experience with ERP Software an asset.
- Possess strong organizational skills
Specific responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Manager of Projects and Proposals, prepare detailed proposals using our in-house ERP system and MS Office software;
- Prepare and lead proposal preparation plans for complex Requests for Proposals (RFP’s);
- Review and interpret detailed project technical specifications, drawings, schedule and commercial terms and conditions to clearly and completely define the scope of the deliverables.
- Collaborate with and solicit input from the various departments (engineering, accounting, projects, sales, production) as part of the proposal preparation
- Utilize department specialists to identify proposal risks with respect to scope, cost, schedule, quality, technical capability and capacity.
- Following successful award prepare a full and effective hand-over to the assigned Project Manager with intermittent support throughout the project as required.
- Lead the validation and refinement of the estimating process by examination of completed projects.
We welcome all qualified applications. Individuals who are most likely to be successful in this role include electrical estimators, bid/quotation specialist, and electrical tradesman experienced with cost estimation.
Respect, Integrity and Commitment and Health & Safety are entrenched in our core values. You will thrive in our team if you believe in these as well.
Interested candidates can apply by emailing your resume and cover letter citing salary expectations, to email@example.com.