Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
We are seeking casual Pharmacists to join our Penticton Regional Hospital Pharmacy Team; someone who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance their career.
Penticton Regional Hospital acts as a referral centre to three community hospitals and one diagnostic centre in the South Okanagan and includes a regional population of 85,000. It has an operating capacity of 129 acute beds and 102 extended care beds. A full range of services is provided with the exception of open heart surgery, neuro surgery and recent spinal cord injury care.
As a staff Pharmacist you will provide distribution pharmacy services by performing duties such as:
• Interpreting medication orders/prescriptions, assessing prescriptions for therapeutic suitability and ensuring that medications are efficiently and accurately dispensed and/or compounded, labeled and that dispensing records are complete.
• Communicate with physicians, patients, and/or other health care team members for prescription clarification and problem resolution.
• Provide instructions on proper use/administration, storage and/or disposal, and possible side effects of prescribed and self-selected medications.
• Participate in the collection of data for medication use evaluation projects; implementation of dispensary based medication safety initiatives, and quality control activities.
• Contributes to internal publications and participates in clinical drug trials in accordance with established standards and procedures.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
• Educational opportunities
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire
Shift types are days and shift times are from 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00 and 09:00 to 17:00 hours. This is a casual opportunity so hours are not guaranteed but will fall between 0 and 37.5 hours per week.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is encouraged.