Facility :TRINITY CARE CENTRE
Status :RELIEF PART TIME (0.80 FTE)
Do you pride yourself on your positive attitude and adaptability? Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Then we want you to come join our team at Trinity Care Centre!
Trinity Care Centre (TCC) opened in 1983 and is a long-term care site with 75 beds. Two of these beds are respite beds. There is also a Drop-In program 7 days a week (for those clients living in the community), along with a community bathing program (Monday to Friday).
TCC has 7 rooms with adjoining doors so that we can easily accommodate couples. We are pet friendly and we have resident birds, fish, and cats. All exit doors are secure (and some in-house doors) with swipe cards that are used by staff to access locked doors. The wander guard system is in place. A call bell system has also been upgraded (2012) so staff and clients can communicate to the nurses station while in the clients’ room.
As the Long-term Care Attendant (LTCA) you will work as an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team, who provide care and support in a long-term care setting. Working under the direction of RN’s and LPN’s, LTCAs have key responsibilities in the individual care plan for each client, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are supported, while promoting maximum independence.
This is a relief part time (0.80 FTE) opportunity that will continue until the incumbent returns. Shifts of work are rotating days, evenings and nights.
Typical duties include:
• Assist individuals with personal care and activities of daily living
• Assist with mobility, transfers and related equipment
• Perform nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration
• Housekeeping activities relating to maintaining a safe and healthy environment
• Observe and report changes in behavior and condition
• Accompany individuals on outings and during social activities
• Perform clerical duties and delegated tasks
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
• Grade 10
• Graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant / Health Care Aide Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker registry (please include your active number)
*Along with a copy of your resume or CV please provide a copy of your health care certificate.*