Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Penticton Regional Hospital currently has opportunity for Operating Room Licensed Practical Nurses to join the team in Casual employment.
The Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH) is a 155-bed Acute Care facility and responsible for providing core medical and surgical specialty services to surrounding population of approximately 90,000 people.
PRH currently offers four operating rooms and a urology procedure room to provide services for urology, ENT, general surgery, orthopedics, OB/GYN, chronic pain and uncomplicated pediatric cases over 2 years. There are two ORs at the Summerland Health Centre where we provide services including pediatric dental.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Operating Room, provides practical nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied surgical interventions. The LPN Operating Room consults, confers, and collaborates with other members of the surgical team in facilitating safe and effective surgical interventions through the performance of scrubbing and circulating duties in accordance with established standards and protocols. This includes pre-operative, operative, and post-operative activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
Casual employment means work requirements can vary between Zero and 37.5 hours per week. Shift types will be Days or Evenings with call associated with the evening shift.
Casual employees receive 12.6 percent of straight time pay, exclusive of all premiums, in lieu of scheduled vacations and statutory holidays. Upon completion of 180 hours, Casual employees have the option of purchasing medical, dental and extended health benefit plans.
BC’s rural towns and smaller cities offer natural beauty, access to backcountry adventures, community connections, peace of mind, and a quieter way of life. Experience the satisfaction that comes from working and living in a rural area.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses with the full range of current licensed practical nursing competencies, and graduation from an accredited O.R. program for Licensed Practical Nurses plus one (1) year recent related experience working as a Licensed Practical Nurse in acute care, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Current CPR certification required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.