Facility :S. SIMILKAMEEN HEALTH CTR
Interior Health is seeking casual Licensed Practical Nurses to join the passionate, energetic care team at Orchard Haven in Keremeos, B.C. Our care team members exemplify a person-centered philosophy designed to support peoples’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible.
As the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you will work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team, performing assessments and planning, implementing and providing personal and nursing care to patients/clients. You will also administer oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications in accordance with pharmaceutical and organizational policies and procedures. The scope or extent of the skills that the LPN performs varies according to the predictability of the outcome for a given client population. The LPN operates in accordance with the competency guidelines and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals, and according to organizational policies, procedures, standards and unit specific protocols.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary from 0 – 37.5 hours per week. Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absence; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions. There are many opportunities with Interior Health that begin with casual positions and lead to regular employment.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
• Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current full practicing licensure with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
• Current CPR certification required.
*Please upload a copy of your current, valid CPR certificate with your application*