Reporting directly to the Facility Operations Manager the Housekeeping Attendant is a key team member to the Operations and Facilities team at the H2O Adventure & Fitness Centre.
House keeper responsible for instilling the Y's core values of caring, respect, responsibility and honesty. The Housekeeping Attendant is responsible for the detailed and light cleaning of YMCA Health, Fitness, and Aquatic centre(s) spaces during operational hours in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Ensures cleanliness on scheduled security rounds throughout operational hours, and also mixes pool chemicals, in accordance with strategies and targets.
- Is responsible for completing the light cleaning of areas (e.g. sweeping, vacuuming, wet mopping, dusting, emptying garbage), including but not limited to washrooms, showers, lobby, and offices.
- Helps with setup and takedown of program spaces, special events, and other equipment.
- Delivers exceptional customer service as per YMCA S.A.M. standards and best practices.
- Ensures the safety of all members, participants, staff, and property by following YMCA standards/policies/procedures and ensuring they are maintained amongst all members and staff.
- Records and reports on facility issues and concerns to Facility Operations Manager.
- Actively participates and promotes philanthropy through YMCA Association initiatives, including the Strong Kids Campaign and other events (e.g. Healthy Kids Day).
- Interacts directly with YMCA members, visitors, and colleagues.
- Establishes and maintains positive daily communication and interaction with members and employees, providing cleaning and maintenance support and guidance and building meaningful relationships.
- Responds to inquiries in a clear, informed manner.
- Is accountable for meeting and exceeding cleaning standards within the Health, Fitness, and Aquatics centre.
- Provides a caring, fun and safe environment for members.
- Ensures specific needs of members and other departments are met.
- Maintains a neat, orderly, and clean environment in all areas.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of all cleaning and maintenance procedures and standards.
- Addresses multiple priorities and is flexible to changing focus or direction while working to support member experiences.
- Deals with sensitive member experiences and situations, as well as difficult individuals and/or special considerations and tries to resolve conflicts before referring them.
- Is exposed to chemicals, heavy lifting, heat exposure, elevated work spaces, confined spaces, bodily fluids, and electrical work.
- Physical lifting and moving heavy loads, climbing ladders and operating lift machinery are required.
- Experience in housekeeping/ janitorial/cleaning services or a related field
- Able to communicate effectively through speaking, reading, and writing English
- First Aid with CPR-C
- WHMIS certificate.
- Upon request provide 3 references. A minimum of 2 will be professional in nature (eg. Employer, Supervisor or Colleague)
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date. The YMCA will provide applicable instructions and paperwork
- Commitment to Mission, Vision and Values: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision and values of YMCA of Okanagan.
- Service Attitude: Identifies needs and wants of members/participants as priority and responds in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person's Y experience.
Please apply in writing, with cover letter and resume addressed to:
Doug Pumphrey, Facility Operations Manager
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.