Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Status :RELIEF FULL TIME
Interior Health is hiring a Relief Full Time Food Service Supervisor for Penticton Regional Hospital.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Food Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food Service operations in the designated facilities.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Food Services Supervisor include:
• Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees.
• In consultation with the Clinical Dietitian, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents.
• Estimates food requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
• Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
• Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas.
• Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
• Coordinates meal preparation, pricing and other related duties for community based services such as Meals on Wheels
• Assists in co-ordinating and maintaining facility in-house services by coordinating cafeteria services including pricing, staffing allotment, coordinating closure of cafeteria and securing money upon closure.
• Performs recommended audits to ensure that established food service and quality assurance standards are met.
• Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
To learn more about Support Services at Interior Health, Click Here
Hours of work: Rotating Days, 11:30 to 19:42
Penticton, the place where other people come for holidays, has one of the best year round climates in Canada. Enjoy the two pristine lakes with miles of beach and surrounded by tree lined mountains, acres of parks and wilderness trails perfect for hiking and mountain biking in summer or skiing, snowmobiling and snowshoeing in winter. Designated the “Wine Route” of the Okanagan, Penticton has over 100 wineries at its doorstep.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
• One year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position