We are currently seeking a Director of Finance for a temporary term of 6 – 12 months to support our two dynamic organizations, starting as soon as January 2018.
Unit Electrical Engineering Ltd. (UEE) is an industry leading solutions provider in the design and manufacturing of electrical power, distribution and control equipment for mining, oil & gas, industrial and commercial, transportation and resource applications. Wismer & Rawlings Electric Ltd. (WRE) provides outstanding technical field service and support for customers across Western Canada and the Northern Territories.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Director of Finance (DOF) will report to the President/CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of both organizations. As a member of the senior leadership team, the DOF will be an advisor to the Managers and Supervisors of all departments.
You will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, job costing, investor relationships compliance and private and institutional financing.
The position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of both organizations and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve their assets and report accurate financial results.
Requirements for success in this role:
- University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CA, CPA, CGA, CMA) preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management.
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial and local requirements regarding financial records.
- Proficient & professional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
- Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience
- Knowledge of budget preparation and analysis techniques
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel, & ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Management, Leadership and supervisory experience
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand
- Knowledge of ERP computer systems an asset
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
Accountability, team work and performance are fundamentals of how we work as an organization. Respect, integrity and commitment are entrenched in our corporate core values. You will fit well into our team if you believe in these as well.
Interested candidates can apply by emailing your resume and cover letter citing salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.