Facility :PENTICTON HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We have an exciting opportunity for an agile and demonstrated leader to join our team as a Coordinator, Adult Day Services in Penticton, BC. The Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development, and operations of Adult Day Services; this includes Adult Day Services provided through contracted community partners.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops a vision and culture of Adult Day Services across the continuum, while creating an environment of mutual respect, open communication and teamwork, and collaboration and shared learning.
2. Identifies opportunities for integration and partnerships in improving service delivery across the continuum.
3. Builds and maintains relationships with managers and staff within Interior Health (IH) and other key stakeholders (public and private) for the purpose of coordinating various initiates and projects.
4. Develops, implements, and monitors goals and objectives for the assigned area in accordance with the strategic direction of the Community portfolio.
Planning and Development
1. Responsible for planning and managing all Adult Day Services, including contracts in a specific geographic location. Ensures the coordination of integrated, effective, and efficient delivery of services in meeting the needs of the clients and their caregivers and in achieving the operational and strategic objectives of the Community portfolio.
2. Responsible for the ongoing operational planning, program development, and evaluation of Adult Day Services to meet the need of clients and their caregivers
3. By working in close collaboration with the other Managers, identifies, recommends, and plans the development or change in services and programs to address current and future issues and requirements. Monitors and evaluates the same.
4. Uses effective administrative and information systems and resource plans to ensure that daily business and operational support activities are conducted in a timely, effective, and cost-efficient manner. Ensures that systems for maintenance of confidentiality and risk management are established in compliance with applicable legislative requirements and organizational policy.
5. Conducts operational and administrative studies as requested, such as researching data and preparing reports.
1. Responsible for human resources functions including daily assignment, recruitment, hiring, ongoing development, goals and objectives, performance standards, management, and evaluation. Directs corrective or disciplinary actions, up to and including termination. Administers applicable collective agreements and represents the employer in the grievance process, on various union/management committees, and during essential services.
2. Identifies and recommends resource requirements, reviews service delivery processes, and ensures that resources are allocated and utilized effectively and efficiently in meeting the needs of Adult Day Services clients and their caregivers
3. Develops and recommends long- and short-term fiscal planning including resource allocations for existing and new programs. Manages annual capital and operating budgets for assigned areas, ensuring efficient utilization of financial resources that are supportive of the provision of services within this portfolio.
Education/Liaison Interagency Coordination
1. Liaises with other agencies and organizations within and outside the health care facilities’ region regarding coordination of service delivery to clients.
Quality Improvement Evaluation
1. Prepares or provides statistics and information on workload management, department activity, and quality assurance on a scheduled or requested basis.
2. Implements and monitors a quality improvement program for the Adult Day Services, and other programs as directed. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Degree and/or related certifications/diplomas in health or social science field, and/or recent relevant experience.
• 5 years recent relevant experience in administration/management/coordination of Adult Day Services or equivalent program including supervision and program development.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to manage human, capital, financial, and information resources so the organization’s objectives are achieved
• Ability to prepare and analyze financial and statistical information and program practices.
• Ability to manage human, capital, and financial and information resources so organizational objectives are achieved
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work with large and small groups
• Ability to approach issues and problems from a systems perspective
• Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and implement change in a dynamic organizational environment
• Ability to operate related equipment including computer software applications
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position