Content Marketer – Job Description
The Content Marketer is responsible for improving the brand awareness of the organization by connecting with and telling the stories of local business and social entrepreneurs in the region of Summerland to Osoyoos, and west as far as Princeton. Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the Business Training Manager, the incumbent will have the opportunity to develop digital and social media marketing, facilitation and training skills.
Community Futures Okanagan-Similkameen is a not-for-profit with the mission of assisting the entrepreneurial success of individuals through training and financing. We work behind the scenes directly with entrepreneurs to make their life and launching their business or social enterprise as easy as possible. As a member of a network that spans across Canada and has been in existence for 35 years, you'd be working on the front lines of grassroots economic development hand-in-hand with entrepreneurs.
- Lead digital and print media content creation and distribution, including, but not limited to:
- Monthly email newsletters to clients and volunteers
- Press releases
- Digital and print advertisements
- Social media posts
- Monitor the success of content in terms of overall inbound marketing strategy
- Develop and maintain organization’s digital content library and knowledge base
- Ensure routine engagement with organization’s online community through social media
- Keep current with clients and partner organizations to identify and act on opportunities for cross-marketing updating organization’s customer relationship management software
- Work with the team to respond to inbound calls, emails and social media messages in a timely manner
- Two years of content creation and marketing experience engaging the public and individuals
- Have portfolio of content examples proving capability
- Experience with cloud computing software such as Microsoft Office 365, Google Apps or similar
- Experience with social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Experience with email marketing tools such as Constant Contact or similar
- Access to reliable transportation as travel to clients and events is required
- Access to iOS or Android smartphone with 4G LTE connectivity and 8 megapixel camera or better required
The position is part-time with the potential to become a full-time employed position. Full-time employees are entitled to participate in the organization’s RRSP program, training program, and health and dental benefits after the six month probationary period.
Travel expenses are reimbursed at Government of Canada Treasury Board rates. The incumbent will be provided with a laptop and reimbursed 50% of their mobile data. They are expected to utilize their own smartphone for work-related purposes.
Work schedule is generally Monday to Friday and is flexible to accommodate employees’ lifestyle and personal commitments. The incumbent may be required to work weekends from time-to-time and is expected to be in-office for weekly team meeting and available either in-person or virtually for daily standups on workdays.