Facility :PENTICTON HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.58 FTE)
We are currently seeking Community Health Workers to join our team in Penticton Home Support. Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Are you looking for a flexible work schedule? If the answer is ‘yes’ then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
Due to changes in our schedules we have created new positions to serve our community better! This means that we have MULTIPLE PERMANENT PART TIME VACANCIES available now. If a regular EVENING shift from 16:00 to 22:00 in a rotating schedule fits your lifestyle, apply today!
As these are permanent positions the successful applicants will be eligible for our full comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental coverage, group life and disability insurance, paid sick and vacation time and an excellent pension!
For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. The support that we provide through the Home Support program enables clients to recover or simply remain at home rather than in a hospital or care facility – in many cases our visits can be the highlight of their day! If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work while joining a great team, the Penticton Health Centre is the place for you.
Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*