Facility :SOUTH OKANAGAN GEN HSPTL
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.01 FTE)
The South Okanagan General Hospital is seeking a Community Health Worker to join their team! The ideal candidate will have completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and have a passion for providing client-centered care.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Permanent Part Time (25 hours per week) position working Thursday to Monday (Tuesday and Wednesday off) evening shifts from 16:00 to 22:00. You would also have the opportunity to apply for additional casual hours on your own schedule if you like.
Because you are required to use your own vehicle to travel to clients’ houses, we provide an insurance differential as well as reimbursing your mileage. In addition, this position also qualifies for our full comprehensive benefits plan including health and welfare benefits, paid vacation and sick time and a great pension plan.
For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. The support that we provide through the Home Support program enables clients to recover or simply remain at home rather than in a hospital or care facility – in many cases our visits can be the highlight of their day! If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work while joining a great team, South Okanagan General Hospital is the place for you. Apply today!
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*