- Responds to scheduled and unscheduled requests from tenants for assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, mobility, medication administration at times of the resident’s choosing and/or as outlined in the Service Plan. Reports critical incidents and unusual occurrences to the Assisted Living Leader or Manager.
- Follows the tenant Service Plan and Shared Responsibility Agreement to deliver exemplary personal care and hospitality services within the scope and philosophy of the assisted living program.
- Delivers medications and performs delegated tasks according to prescribed protocols and methods.
- Documents care and interactions with residents in accordance with procedures.
- Participates in the delivery of social and recreational programs including group activities, outings, special events, spontaneous gatherings and identifies opportunities to promote socialization. Takes initiative in organizing unscheduled social and recreational opportunities wherever possible (i.e. card games, movies, gardening, etc.).
- Assists with dining room meal preparation and service as directed
- Attends to requests for tenant companionship to reduce or prevent social isolation or to respond to changes in tenant health and functional status.
- Reports changes in functional capacity, mood or health status to the Assisted Living Leader or Manager. Participates in resident service planning as needed.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled housekeeping and laundry services in resident suites and common amenity spaces within the assisted living residence. Assists tenants with completion of personal laundry as needed, and assists in the meal preparation/clean up and preparation of snacks.
- Responds to emergency calls from residents twenty-four hours each day and uses written procedure, common sense and good judgment to guide actions and mitigate risk or resident discomfort.
- Performs delegated tasks in support of tenant personal care after completion of tenant specific training.
- Performs administrative tasks which support program administration
- Participates in program planning and evaluation and in Quality Improvement activities.
- Tours prospective tenants at the request of the Assisted Living Leader or Manager.