Facility :PENTICTON HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
McKinney Place in Oliver, BC has a permanent full time career opportunity available for an Assistant Manager, Long-term Care. Come to Oliver and join our fun and dynamic team in the South Okanagan!
Under the direction of the Long-term Care Manager, and as a member of the Long-term Care Services management team, the Assistant Manager works collaboratively towards a seamless continuum of care and actively participates in an integrated approach towards the accomplishment of excellence in client care and service. The Assistant Manager is accountable for guiding and coordinating activities of the service in a safe, efficient, and cost effective manner in accordance with professional standards and the mission and goals of the organization.
Interior Health offers work-life balance with competitive wages, excellent employee benefits, professional development and educational leave in a larger-than-life landscape and four seasons playground. Come and join our team…Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in a health-related discipline with a Master’s degree preferred.
• Five years of recent, related experience, including three years of management experience.
• OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams
• Achieves Results – sets direction, takes action to implement decisions, assesses & evaluates results
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships & networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers & service, navigates socio-political environments
• System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to lead, plan, direct, communicate effectively, organize and manage multiple projects, problem-solve, work independently, and work interdependently as a team member.
• Leadership – demonstrated ability to guide individuals toward the vision while maintaining group cohesion, motivation, commitment, and effectiveness. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams. Demonstrated ability to coach and manage conflict.
• Change Agent – demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage purposeful change that is consistent with the vision, mission, values, and operating principles of the organization.
• Conceptual skills – demonstrated ability to identify and analyze situations and problems such that viable solutions are found. Approach issues and problems from a systems perspective.
• Communication – demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using a variety of mediums.
• Results-oriented – demonstrated ability to identify strategies and opportunities in a dynamic environment that leads to identified outcomes.
• Equipment – ability to utilize computerized software/hardware technology.
• A valid BC Driver’s License.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.