Facility :PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Status :TERM SPECIFIC FULL TIME
Interior Health is hiring a Term Specific Full Time Administrative Assistant to support the Director, Clinical Operations Acute at the Penticton Regional Hospital. The term for this position is until the return of the incumbent. The ideal candidate must have excellent organization skills and must be able to function in fast paced environment.
The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Director, Acute Services and other management staff as required. The Administrative Assistant maintains the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for, the patient services portfolio as it pertains to patient care, operations, personnel, finance, and public affairs.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Provides confidential administrative support by coordinating and organizing workflow, determining priorities, and acknowledging and composing correspondence for signature. Types a variety of confidential correspondence including letters, memoranda, minutes, presentations, and reports.
• Acts as a resource and discusses inquiries for information with internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Answers inquiries by determining the nature of the issues and provides information directly or through correspondence. Resolves day-to-day problems as required.
• Organizes the day-to-day activities of the Director, Acute Services by coordinating meeting schedules and calendars, prioritizing and arranging appointments, and canceling and/or rescheduling meetings as required. Ensures meeting space is arranged and all required hardcopy and audiovisual material is available.
• Attends and acts as a recorder for meetings such as the Nursing Conference Committee, Quality Improvement Steering Committee, Professional Responsibility Meetings, Shift Coordinator Meetings, etc.
• Answers, screens, and assesses urgency of incoming calls; takes messages and forwards calls as required.
• Maintains materials such as the Clinical Practice Standards Working Group, making revisions, adding/deleting information, and distributing as appropriate.
• Makes travel, hotel, and conference/meeting arrangements and reservations including the submission of registrations for the patient services portfolio.
•Sets up and maintains manual and computerized confidential filing systems for the patient services portfolio for all correspondence and administrative files.
• Prepares statistical information as required by gathering and completing data, developing excel databases, and formatting statistical charts and graphs using the appropriate software application.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of BC.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
• Five years of recent, related experience in a senior administrative capacity preferably in the healthcare sector.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service
• System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
• Ability to function independently exercising sound judgment skills.
• Ability to type 60 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format from written copy and using transcription equipment.
• Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and the ability to perform web-based searches.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.