Facility :PENTICTON HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self -directed permanent full time Administrative Assistant to join the Penticton Health Centre, Mental Health and Substance Use team.
The Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions to the assigned Health Service Administrator(s), Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU). The Administrative Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the department informed and aligned to the operational and program priorities.
Responsibilities include coordinating and organizing workflow, determining priorities, and composing confidential correspondence for signature. The Administrative Assistant designs and creates correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by the management team; maintains the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for, management as it pertains to client care, operations, personnel, labour relations, finance, and public affairs; and supports the Health Service Administrator(s) in setting the positive, collaborative, efficient tone for the department/program.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of the Interior Health (IH) team, you’ll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work while maintaining a balanced lifestyle. Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Come and join our team….Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training, and Experience
• Graduation from a recognized secretarial program.
• Five years of recent, related experience including experience working with various computer software programs.
• OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
• Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
• Engages Others – communicates effectively
• Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions
• Develops Coalitions – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service
• System Transformation – encourages and supports innovation
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
• Ability to work without supervision.
• Ability to type 50 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
• Knowledge of applicable computer hardware and software programs and the ability to perform web based searches.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.