Small business owners from across the Okanagan-Shuswap region have the chance to participate in three days of development workshops and connect with peers from across the valley as Community Futures hosts a virtual version of Small Business Week events.
Community Futures organizations from across the valley — Central Okanagan, North Okanagan, Okanagan-Similkameen, and Shuswap — have come together in the spirit of collaboration to put on this event, and because it’s virtual, anyone can attend from anywhere, as the organizers bring together presenters and attendees who might not otherwise have the chance to network and discuss opportunities.
Many of this year’s sessions will focus on topics that are timely as businesses navigate operations during COVID-19, and several topics are important building blocks and best practices as businesses plan for the future in a changing landscape . The virtual valley-wide Community Futures Small Business Week events run October 20 to 22 with seminars in the morning, interactive breakout groups in the afternoon and networking opportunities throughout the day.
Each day has a set theme, and attendees can hop in and out of sessions as they choose, and the entire event is free. Have a look at the schedule below, and then register online.
Tuesday, October 20
- Preparing for tax season
- Entrepreneur’s Exit: Steps to your Sale
- Strategy for Small Businesses
- Entrepreneur’s Financial Literacy: How to Tackle and Take Control of Your Debt
- An Entrepreneur’s Financial Check-Up
Wednesday, October 21
- Digital marketing: The big picture
- Crisis Communication
- Marketing Planning
- Digital Tools
- Cyber-Security for Small Business
Thursday, October 22
- Supporting your team during a pandemic
- Creating a workplace that people want to work in
- Managing Bullying/Harassment complaints and mental injury claims
- Managing a Remote Workforce
- Stress Management
Small Business Week participants can register for one or all three days and will be able to attend all events on that day. To learn more, register and access the links for each day’s events as well as view the detailed schedule, visit https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/small-business-week-tickets-124192889275.