Why live and work in Penticton? Here are 10 good reasons.
- Want to visit the lake? We have two to choose from!
- 2,100+ hours of sunshine each year and only 38 cm of rain.
- So. Much. Wine. Choose from the 80+ wineries within 20 minutes of the city.
- Can you say: Craft beer capital of Canada? Home to 6 (soon to be 7) craft breweries.
- Fresh fruit! From a fruit stand near you.
- Average commute: less than 10 minutes.
- Live here, work anywhere (home to a rising community of virtual workers).
- The KVR Trail. Not to mention you can get everywhere by bike – even the wineries.
- We’re home to a lively and hugely talented arts community including a vibrant live music scene.
- Two places to ski during winter: Apex Mountain Ski Resort (downhill) and Nickel Plate Nordic Centre (cross country and snowshoeing).
And more, submitted by you
And thanks to our readers for sending us these additional reasons why they love Penticton!
- Our newly upgraded Penticton Regional Hospital
- Our awesome Penticton Farmers’ Market in summer
- Home to two high schools, several elementary schools, Okanagan College and many other educational institutions (visit the City of Penticton’s Schools page to learn more)
- Love the pier. Love the 2 million dollar sidewalk on Okanagan. Love the sidewalk and paved trails at Skaha. Love the coffee shops. Love the craft beer locations. Very scenic place to live. Our racetrack is amazing. There are lots of great musicians…
- You left out one of the main reasons… the people !
- Love the green spaces!
- Golfing and wining
- Our fantastic event centre, which is home to the Penticton Vees and the Canucks Young Stars tournament!
Are we missing something?
Tell us why you Love Local! Share your photos on social media using #lovelocalpenticton. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us in Penticton
We live where people come for the holidays. Share this article with your friends! Inspire them to join us here in Penticton. Here are some helpful resources to get started.
- Looking for work in the South Okanagan? Check out our job board.
- Visit Penticton’s Virtual Workers.
- Want to start a business? Your Penticton Guide to Business.
- Scope out Penticton’s Business Toolkit for research about the local business climate.